Monday, September 29, 2008

Stalking at Walmart

For those of you following our story sorry for not posting in weeks!

So yesterday we were at Wally World....ps my hubs hates it there and he feels like he has to shower immediately when he leaves.

We were walking towards the "Propel" isle when I spotted an ET couple with a little boy about 4 and a BABY GIRL in a carrier - so app. 8-10 months old!!!  
(If you had asked me to pick out a person from Ethiopia 6 months ago there would have been absolutelly no way I could have done this.) I started hitting b in the butt as hard as I could trying not to be noticed.  I basically screamed in his ear OMG look look there is an ET couple with a little girl!!!!!!  LOOK LOOK!!  SO he turns around and we see her - GORGEOUS!!!  Mocha skin, huge brown eyes, little pony tails...and she looked right at us.  So we followed them up and down several isles trying to remain inconspicuous.  The mom had high cheek bones and the husband has a chiseled jaw...an unbelievable looking couple! I was dying!!  Either I have not ever paid attention in my life (probably the case) or I have lived under a freakin rock...bc these people look like models!!
So I wanted soooo bad to talk to them to say something - we watched them get in line a few lines down from us....but were way to chicken to say a peep.  I would never want to offend anyone - "hey we are adopting an ET baby...just like yours..."  Yeah that would go over real well!!  We are dorks...so we said nothing did nothing.....just looked/stalked for a few minutes...looking all giddy and crazy at the old Walmart!!
All night and today we kept thinking about this awesome family living here in Nashville...and there beautiful kids!  I can't wait - we can't wait!!!!

2 comments:

Queen Diva said...

Cute story! Yes Ethiopian people are "absolutely gorgeous"!

Andrea

Leah Reeves said...

We are the same way. We ran into a little Ethiopian girl and her mother in Target. She said our baby looked like her cousin. We said she is from Ethiopia and the little girl said, "so am I".