Sunday, September 14, 2008

WOW what an incredible weekend!!






































So Brad and I went to Gatlinburg Friday to stay in my brother's chalet that he recently bought.

WHAT a sight that was!! There was a car show there and let's just say it was NOT our cup of tea - to each his own. People sitting on the side of the road in folding chairs ...watching traffic I do not understand. The traffic was horrible and we could not find a decent half way healthy place to eat. I am not a fan of funnel cakes, fast food, or fried twinkies. Not a Starbucks - Sushi - or a veggie restaurant anywhere... I am a city chic - even though I am originally from a tiny town!!! So we went back to the chalet where we hung out in the jacuzzi - listened to nature and watched the stars. Now that was peaceful.

So Saturday morning we hopped back in our car and decided we had seen enough and we headed to Knoxville for the real reason we were even going out of town - the Ethiopain party.

We met Julie and her hubs Josh and Tracy and their incredible bundles of JOY for lunch - and it was unbelievable!! These babies were simply beautiful! I was speechless for a few minutes - I could not believe my blog friends had come to life!!

We all chatted and talked about adoption - family - the babies. It was such a blast!

I never have seen an Ethiopian child in person - so this was just wonderful - I also have really never seen my hubs hold or be around really small children. Our nieces and nephews are older so he never really held them as infants or toddlers. When I saw him cuddling Abel and Maya - it was precious!! At first he held Abel - and poor Abel looked uncomfortable... but then B got the hang of it. SOOOO CUTE!!

So at the restaurant - I had my camera ready to go - but the freakin batteries were dead. So no pics of that at all.

Then I had been dying to see Obligato - Julie's store so she graciously took Brad and I there. I was in love this store was the bomb diggity!! All of my fav brands!! Michael Stars, C&C California, Ella Moss - all of the comfy cottons that I adore!! Brad played with the adorable Maya the entire time!! When we got back in the car B said - Maya is awesome - her eyes are soo twinkiy!! He loves her and they soooo bonded!!

We then followed J and J and Maya to the party (after we got batteries for my cam). At this point I felt as if I had known Julie for YEARS and I instantly wanted her to move to Nash.

Back to the party - it was awesome - kids running around everywhere - again all of these blog faces that I had been staring at all of these months were coming to life. Gorgeous ET children and their loving families. They all welcomed us in and we all talked about where we were in the adoption process. There were about 5 little ET girls there - ranging from Maya to about 3 years old. All straight from the runways - little supermodels in process!!

We had out first taste of injera - and we saw what our lives will be like in the future!!

Bad news on the camera front - I got about 7 shots and then the shutter of my camera stopped opening! I was really bummed about this!! But I will post the ones I have.

Thank you to J and J - Tracy and the Hernandez family for making Brad and I feel sooo incredible welcome! FFL - friends for LIFE!!!!


2 comments:

Leah Reeves said...

Thanks for posring those pictures. I have not seen pictures of Maya since their blog went private. Sounds like lots of fun.

Kristi J said...

ok, I can't believe you met all them...I've followed them forever and have never considered driving to Knoxville for a visit...Did you just ask to meet them and then drive there??? Too neat!!! I feel like I know them, but have never actually even met them....Hope this puts you guys one step closer to adopting,

kristi