Monday, August 25, 2008

Cloudy Monday

Well the obsession continues...I have found more blogs to follow/stalk.

I really don't have anything to post - still waiting to sell my house - we have reduced it again so possible that will make a difference. Our business is still in the process of being sold. Sure wish one would sell.

I do have a closing next week so that is great!!

A new scare for me on adopting.
I read on a blog or site or somewhere that there is not a way to know for sure(if a child is younger than 1 year) if the child has Hepatitis (I believe B or C)...I think A is the one you get for food. According to this specific site - it said that children under 1 will be tested for Hep B or C but that there is no way to know if they are positive for this or not.

Would love to know anyones thoughts or knowledge on this. Has anyone ever heard of a child coming home from Ethiopia with Hep b or c?

2 comments:

Elizabeth Lyons said...

Hi Mindy -

Yes, they CAN test children under 1 for Hep B and C. Make sure your agency does it, but most reputable ones test for Hep B and C antibodies as well as do the PCR test for HIV which is as conclusive as it can be. You can be as sure as possible that a child does not have Hep B or C prior to accepting a referral provided your agency does these tests on the babies.

Liz

Let me know if you have other questions!

elyons3683@msn.com

I WOULD GATHER CHILDREN said...

Hi there, I saw your comment on Suzi's blog! And followed it to your blog. Have you chosen an agency yet?
It seems that most tests seem to be realible at least if you are using a realible agency!! I had many of these same fears at first and then over time they just fade and you think, "what's the big deal". We used AGCI and they used the PCR for HIV and they did the other tests for Hep. We were given the results on a piece of paper from the doctor they used. I wouldn't worry about it!
Smiles,
jen in mi