Thursday, August 21, 2008

Coincidences to Adoption???? I think NOT!!

Since this has all happened to us and the AHA moments...I have had several coincidences that remind me that I am on the right path.

I would say one of the first is the story of the Lost Boys Olympic runner - Lopez Lomong. What an inspirational story that I have repeated to so many co-workers and friends over the past 4-5 months. Being a runner - my ears always perk up when hearing anything about running. He is an amazing athlete with a huge heart! That was probably the first time I really had a conscious thought of Africa that really made such an impact.

I had 2 this week from the same person - my sister in law. While working out with her and our trainer - she tells me that her sister is traveling with her husband (a gynecologist) and their 2 children to Kenya. I was like...really....wow? Trying not to sound too crazy.. I couldn't believe it. How amazing! Again remember no one knows of this adoption except for my husband and our neighbor! NOBODY! So I dove right in - asking her a thousand questions. Why are they going? When?
They are staying for a month while her husband helps to deliver babies and assist in any other way he can. Amazing.
Then after our workout was finished....she and I were in the ladies locker room and we were talking to our mother in law (yes we all work out together)...we were talking about attitude and staying positive - complaining - etc. I told them both that when

I turned 35 I told my own mother that I had decided from that day forward to only surround myself with positive people that support and love me..no more negativity or "gossipy" friends.
My sister in law then said..."oh you should visit this website that a client of mine just shared with me".....
Sure what is it?? thinkhappystuff.com
What a great idea....so simply. Just have happy thoughts!

I left the gym and of course totally forgot the about it.
A few days passed and I had to text my sister in law about something else and she sent me a response and then the website again (without me asking). I thought oh yeah - I need to look at this.

So again I forgot.

While at work yesterday - suddenly it came in my mind....so I went to the site.
While scrolling down - viewing t shirts, mugs, and the cute store....I went on the who we are page and the non-profits page. Well low and behold...there was the product developer with all of her adopted children! And links to all of the non-profits she supports!!! "African Leadership" - "Blood Water Mission" and the Steven Curtis Chapman organization to assist parents with the financial part of adopting. OK!! WOW!! Was I suppose to read this site or what?!? I immediately emailed the developer and shared with her how incredible her site is!!

2 comments:

Chantelle said...

Mindy
I just got yoru blog info and now I remember who you are! I have been stalking so many altely I check into as many as I can once I get a few free hours.
So excited for you guys! Cannot believe you just started this blog and I have already run across it!
Call or email if you want to chat more about Ethiopia! We are right in the midst of it ourselves.
How awesome.
Love the website also...Think happy thoughts, stay positive...right up my alley!
Can't wait to follow your story!
Chantelle

Kristi J said...

Hey...April finally gave me your blog!!! I loved reading everything you had to say...simply awesome!!! I'm so happy for you guys and hope the process goes quickly for you. I told April if you get your dossier done soon then we could actually be traveling together. I love that you talked with your priest...What a great idea. My girlfriend, Angie, spoke with our pastor and heard nothing but support and love from the church community for giving an orphan a home. I'm so excited for you guys and can't wait to follow your journey...You guys should look in Brentwood for you next home...We've been here for 6 years and love it...I also need to get you connected with the Ethiopian Fellowship Group...it is always fun to see others adopting. Congrats again on your decision to go with Ethiopia...it will be an awesome journey!!Kristi