Sunday, October 19, 2008

Picky Eater!!

Saturday I had my first taste of Ethiopian food and low and behold I liked it!!  

A little background for you....food and I don't get along so well.  I don't like any type of meat at all..no pork or beef or chicken or basically any type of bird.  I really don't like tofu either....so let's just say I have a very small diet.  I eat tons of seafood - shrimp tuna etc. I have never eaten fast food - well I think I did in hs but that was forever ago!!  SOOOO for me to find something new to add to my diet is awesome!!

My friend Z took me to an ET restaurant for lunch.  The owner suggested we try the vegetarian plate with a chicken dish as well.  We had 5-6 vegey sides that were all so fresh and yummy!!  Squash, turnip greens, chick peas...not really sure what the other were but I ate them all!!!  And I was not extremely full which I love!!!  Now I have to talk B into trying it - can you believe it my hubs is more picky than I am!  

3 comments:

megan said...

I am a picky eater too. We have only been for ethiopian food once and I actually liked it. Its a cool experiance, we took my parents and my siblings so it was fun for us all to do it together.

I just quit eating meat, I will eat seafood but thats it. I guess I can turn to you for some recipe ideas.

Trendy Mindy said...

Yes - I need recipes!!! I am a horrible cook!!!

Melissa said...

You've been tagged!!